[GNC] Australian Initial Setup Q's

Doug lemans4 at internode.on.net
Sun Nov 25 02:38:53 EST 2018

I have been a long-term non-professional Gnucash user in Australia. I guess, I am like you in that I felt the cost of the Quicken products was a bit excessive. I changed to Gnucash possibly 12 years ago. The only issue I would like to see is an ability to track Business GST, but this is no longer an issue for me because I have retired.

 My suggestion for tracking a 'Home inventory' would be either to set up an asset for each one, or if low value, congregate them in one asset class. You can put some information in the description so you can search for items. You could also export the account details to a Spreadsheet, & attach photos, etc there.

 I think you should find all the accounts should move over fairly easily from Quicken. If you need to aggregate accounts, the trick is to set up the main account, then shift the other accounts in as sub-accounts. Then each transaction can be moved fairly easily (At least that is the way I do it!)

I run Gnucash under Linux: I love PCLinuxOS! which I have used for many years.

regards, Doug

Doug <lemans4 at internode.on.net>