[GNC] Australian Initial Setup Q's

Xboxboy Mageia xboxboy.mageia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 09:04:33 EST 2018

Hi all: Great to see how active the mailing list is.
I'm in the process of getting all my finances into gnucash.
Up until know I've been using a spreadsheet to track all my shares/stocks,
fund and interest income.
I've read and continue to read the guide and principles, and I run my
business through MYOB, which is also a double entry system.
But, I still have plenty of questions as I get settled in.
The first is, I've got an old edition of Quicken Personal plus, which I've
read the manual, and a really handy feature I seen was what they call "home
inventory". This is used to keep track of items of value that aren't
traditional stocks/bonds etc. This is particularly useful for insurance
purposes, which I currently have a scrappy spreadsheet for also. Can anyone
advise how to set this up, or if I'm missing something, and this function
is already set to go?
Many thanks