[GNC] Repeatable Mac crash

Robert Kesterson robertk at robertk.com
Mon Oct 1 07:02:25 EDT 2018

On 30 Sep 2018, at 9:06, John Ralls wrote:

>> … >
> Since you’re running two instances of GnuCash it’s likely that the
> trace file will be garbled, so if you could use the following from the
> command line instead:
>   /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
> --logto=~/gnucash.trace
> That will create a separate trace file in your user directory that you
> can also attach to the bug report. You could even add the file path
> for the file you really want to open to the end of that and save
> yourself the “can’t get the lock” drill.

It appears that this works around the issue.  I did as you suggested and
launched with the binary rather than the app package, and I gave it the
alternate log location and specified the path to open on the command
line.   Since this is a pretty long command line that I don’t want to
type often, I saved it as an executable shell script, one for each set
of books.  Now when I run them both, they both run.  No crash. Should I
still run them the old way and file a bug?  The workaround seems
reliable, and I’m happy…