[GNC] GnuCash 3.3 Released

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Oct 4 03:27:47 EDT 2018

Op donderdag 4 oktober 2018 02:45:28 CEST schreef prl:
> Thanks John.
>
> That works nicely, even though the CSS file path and file contents are
> different from what's in the GTK3 link you gave. The path and CSS data
> in the GTK3 link works, too, though.

Both will indeed work. And on MacOS they are interchangeable. On other
platforms these paths have a different scope:
GTK_CONFIG_HOME/gtk.css (which is what John expanded for you below) will
affect *all* gtk applications installed on your system.
GNC_CONFIG_HOME/gtk-3.0.css (as used in the GTK3 link) will only affect
gnucash.

As GNC_CONFIG_HOME/gtk-3.0.css works the same on all platforms and affects
only GnuCash it's the preferred path to add gnucash specific snippets.

> It may be useful to change the font sizes in the examples in the GTK3
> page from "8px" to "8pt". 8px is probably unreasonably small.
>
> Also, there's a typo in https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3#Via_css - it
> gives the file path as "GNC_CONFIG_HOME/gtk-3.0.css<tt>" (<tt> element
> displayed as text). "<tt>" is also improperly displayed in a file path
> in https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3#Menu_Keyboard_Shortcuts
>
> Thanks, too, to Geert and D who also replied to my post.

You're welcome.

Geert