[GNC] Change text color

GTI .H gti9070h at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 17:22:23 EDT 2018

Em qua, 3 de out de 2018 às 09:08, Pandem <pandem at iinet.net.au> escreveu:

> ... and some times I get inconsistent results.

Inconsistent results are often obtained many times, try other alternatives
in a trial and error process until you find the one that pleases you.

> For the required configuration to function correctly what should follow
> parameters be set to:
> In the settings.ini
>                  [Settings]
>                  gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme=false  Should this be
> true of false?

This depends on your personal preference. If you want to activate the dark
inner theme of GnuCash, then use "TRUE".

I have read the thread that this file is not required, so is the file

 required or not?

This line in the .ini file exclusively serves to select/activate the dark
inner GnuCash theme.
It does not make sense for you to use the .ini file only to declare a
"FALSE" because you will have the same effect if you do not have the .ini
file.

> in gnucash     Edit > Preferences > Register  Use Gnucash built-in color
> theme
>                      enable or disabled (tick or unticked)?

If you want to use your personal preferences for themes defined in your
.css file, then you should disable (unticked) this:

Edit> Preferences> Register Use Gnucash built-in color

Otherwise your .css file changes will be overwritten by Gnucash built-in
color.
This is clarified inside the .css file I attached earlier.

A good starting point for a dark theme would be you following the
instructions from my previous email (
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GNC-Change-text-color-tp4701864p4702697.html
).
If you want a clear theme, just do not copy the .ini and adjust the colors
in the .css file.

Regards
GTI