[GNC] Change text color

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Oct 5 03:24:28 EDT 2018

Op donderdag 4 oktober 2018 23:22:23 CEST schreef GTI .H:
> Em qua, 3 de out de 2018 às 09:08, Pandem <pandem at iinet.net.au> escreveu:
> > in gnucash     Edit > Preferences > Register  Use Gnucash built-in color
> > theme
> >
> >                      enable or disabled (tick or unticked)?
>
> If you want to use your personal preferences for themes defined in your
> .css file, then you should disable (unticked) this:
>
> Edit> Preferences> Register Use Gnucash built-in color
>
> Otherwise your .css file changes will be overwritten by Gnucash built-in
> color.
> This is clarified inside the .css file I attached earlier.

It should not, though it depends on where you store your css and how you
define it. Css uses precedence rules.

First a more detailed css specification takes precedence over a less detailed
one. So

button
{
   font: xyz;
}

will always take precedence over

*
{
   font: xyz;
}

Because the first is more detailed.

For equally important specifications the file in which the snippet is defined
will define the precedence. From lowest precedence to highest:

- Chosen gtk theme (Adwaita by default)
- Gtk level css overrides (in GTK_CONFIG_DIR/gtk.css)
- GnuCash built-in colors
- User level css overrides (in GNC_CONFIG_DIR/gtk-3.0.css)

So if you want to override a gnucash built-in color, you should be able to do
so in the User level css override, but you should take care to make your css
definitions sufficiently detailed so they become at least equally important as
the internally defined ones.

Regards,

Geert