[GNC] Chromebooks

randix butterandsalt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 08:48:52 EDT 2018

Colin... I'm so desperate to get gnucash back, I'll take the 1950
version!!!!!

When I go to gnucash.org and click on the distributable option, all I get
are options for windows and mac. For Linux it says, what I am printing
below. Obviously I did not get a "linux distribution" I simply turned it on
in chromebooks.  When I go to look at older versions, I don't see a linux
install option.  Not only do I not have a desire to build it from scratch, I
wouldn't know where to start.

Is there no place I can download a file apparently with a "deb" extension
for a linux install?????????  I don't care what version it is.  Or am I
missing something (again)???

----------------
Linux
Most linux distributions come bundled with a version of GnuCash, though it's
not always the most recent version and it may not have been installed by
default. Still it is recommended to use the GnuCash version that comes with
your distribution.

Below are ways to install GnuCash on some of the more popular distributions:

Fedora: Fedora users can install GnuCash through
System->Administration->Add/Remove Software (Gnome) or
Applications->System->Software Management (KDE).
Mandriva: Mandriva users can install GnuCash through the Software Management
in the Mandriva Linux Control Center.
Redhat/Centos: Redhat and CentOS don't have GnuCash in their repositories by
default. It can be installed however from the third-party Epel repository.
For more details on configuring this additional software repository for your
setup, see Epel's wiki page.
Solus: Solus users can install GnuCash through the Software Center (Office
Software -> Financial Software -> gnucash).
Ubuntu: Ubuntu users can install GnuCash through the Software Center. This
will install GnuCash under the Office category in the Applications menu.
If your distro doesn't ship with GnuCash or you wish to install a different
version than it ships with, you could try to build GnuCash directly from the
source code. The GnuCash wiki has guidelines for several distributions.

Source code
bzip2 compressed tarball for GnuCash 3.3