[GNC] Change text color

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Oct 7 23:25:57 EDT 2018

> On Oct 7, 2018, at 6:14 PM, Pandem <pandem at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
> GTI,
>
> Maybe Geert does know ;-) if gnucash use the gtk defaults then maybe it does
> not exist or need to. This is not really not a problem if I can modify the
> bits that concern me. I don't need to know what I don't need to know.
>
> My main interest in modifying the layout and colors in gnucash 3.3 is mainly
> the colour and size of the tabs. My eye sight is not the best and I struggle
> with gray on dark gray and then whats seems to be even gray color in the
> font. The colour of the font has been fixed but the width of each tab is
> just too wide. In the previous versions I had many more tabs across my
> display now I seem to be restricted to many less. I have figured out how to
> reduce the 'selected bar' under each tab thanks to your .css file. (This is
> the notebook tab { padding-left  padding-right} )
>
> My main problem now is there is a gap between each tab that is not
> necessary. So how to remove this gap between the tabs?

John knows. There’s no one file with all of the styling. By default most of the theming will come from https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/adwaita-icon-theme <https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/adwaita-icon-theme>, with a few overrides here-and-there to get things to behave or to create the standard green-bar appearance in the registers.

Linux users can easily apply a different theme and there’s a preference item to allow the theme to override the green-bar registers. Finding themes that make GnuCash less ugly on Windows and MacOS is a bit harder and you have to apply them by hand using settings.ini.

Regards,
John ralls