[GNC] Setting Up GnuCash

Kiredoryor roy at glevering.com
Wed Oct 10 12:33:33 EDT 2018

I want to set up a bookkeeping system for a small business and was impressed
with the Techradar review and the excellent Quentin Stafford-Fraser video.

But when I tried following the video I found that the 'Choose Account to
Create' page is different now with no "Back" and "Forward" buttons, just
"Next". I now find that having selected the type of account (Business) and
checked boxes against all the items I felt appropriate for our small
business I've reached a page that lists: Assets, Equities, Expenses, Income
and Liabilities and that's it. There is no panel on the side to choose
options and apart from choosing Open New on the File menus there seems
nothing I can do. Certainly clicking on one of the main headings opens up
the list below but clicking on those just gives the option to change the
name. How do I get started making entries.

I've deleted to program altogether and started from scratch again but with
the same results.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.