[GNC] Feedback: Balance Sheet (Multi-Column) / Income Statement (Multi-Column)

Deva - pobox.deva at outlook.in
Fri Oct 12 09:19:50 EDT 2018

Hello Christopher,

A while ago, you posted the multi-column versions of balance sheet and income statement to this list for beta testing.

Recently, my son started college and he was “voluntold” to use GnuCash and share the datafile with me for monthly analysis. These 2 reports you published are coming in handy because that’s just the information I need to help with tracking his assets/expenses, month after month.

Comments

Both reports have a check box for “Enable charts” in the report options dialog. I’m guessing this is work in progress because I don’t see any charting when this option is enabled.

Income Statement has a nice option wherein I can ask for “Period Totals” as a summary column at the end. I know “Period Totals” doesn’t make sense for the balance sheet version, but I was wondering if you can show “Period Average” instead, in the balance sheet report. While I can see how my son's financial standing is changing by looking at his assets month after month, it will be nice to know what is needed on a monthly average basis, so I can plan for next year’s funding accordingly. It will also help me analyse which month’s he is going over/under average.

Otherwise, the reports look pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers.