[GNC] Importing QIF from Quicken to set up new file

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Oct 15 10:24:04 EDT 2018

Macs used to be limited (at least as of Snow Leopard) to only re-sizing windows via the bottom right corner’s drag handle.

I don’t recall when that changed, but certainly on High Sierra (I’m using it as well) you can hover over any window side at any point, the pointer will change to an arrow or double-arrow, and you click-drag to resize.

I just tested this with that particular import window and it works fine to re-size. I did notice that it first opened full width (not full height) which for me is 1920px. I was able to resize it to a narrower window with no issues and a subsequent re-launch of the Import QIF feature remembered my new size.

Testing the TAB order on the File selection screen (I don’t have a real file to test any further) I see that after I tab away from the main portion of the window to the action buttons at the bottom, ’Next’ is the third button. (after Cancel and Back) So presumably, 3 TABs and you should be at ’Next’. If you want to test this, I would recommend hitting TAB 4 times instead. This should bring you back to somewhere near the first button or entry field in the main part of the window. (which will highlight blue) You can then safely hit Shift-TAB to back up one element and be back at ’Next’ in focus where you can then hit the spacebar or ENTER to proceed.

Extra tip - if on the 3rd TAB, you end up back at the beginning of the main window, then ’Next’ is not activated because you have required data entry missing. The TAB entries are skipping that element because it is not available yet. (but physically there, the text is greyed out)

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Adrien