[GNC] Receivables Ageing report has a type "Balance", which is in error

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 16 11:03:29 EDT 2018

Hi,

gcstones52 <gcstones52 at gmail.com> writes:

> Date Range: 2018-01-01 - 2018-10-16
> Date Due Date Reference Type Description Credits Debits Amount
> 2018-01-01			Balance				£25.00
> 2018-04-05 2018-04-05 LSVH-2018-85 Invoice Quiz Night deposit, 9Nov18
> £25.00
> £25.00
> 2018-04-10		2018-85	Payment	Bank transfer		-£25.00	-£25.00
> Period Totals		£25.00	-£25.00	£0.00
> Total Due	£25.00
> Current	0-30 days	31-60 days	61-90 days	91+ days
> £0.00	£0.00	£0.00	£0.00	£25.00
>
> The customer has paid all invoices, and should have a balance of zero (and
> shows as zero in Accounts Receivable).  However, the report shows a
> "balance" of £25 due from 2018-01-01, but I can find no entries anywhere in
> the system (searching on client name, on transaction date, on amount) that
> would generate this balance.  Note that the first entry for the customer was
> 2018-04-01.  Could anyone please suggest how a balance may have been created
> for this customer on 2018-01-01?

This report is looking at Transaction Metadata which might not be
searchable.  If there is a transaction tied to a Lot that is tied to the
customer, that would be sufficient to get it listed.

Is there a ₤25.00 transaction in A/R at all?