[GNC] AqBanking help for Citi CC

Fross, Michael michael at fross.org
Wed Oct 24 10:17:36 EDT 2018

Hello Jim,

This is great news.  I had the Citibank Credit Card download working for
years, but it broke early this year.  I've attempted to setup GNUCash based
on the above, but continue to struggle.  I receive the following error
during the initial bank connection:

*Error on gnutls_bye: -24 (Decryption has failed.)*

After looking at your OFX settings above, I used the following during the
GNUCash setup:

   - Create User - Select OFX
   - Bank Name:  Citi Credit Card
   - Broker Id:
   - FID: 24909
   - ORG: Citigroup
   - Server URL: https://www.accountonline.com/cards/svc/CitiOfxManager.do
   - User Name: myusername
   - User Id: myusername<space>    <--- I added a space per your comments
   - Client UID:
   - Emulated App: Quicken 2013
   - Application ID: QWIN
   - Application Version: 2400
   - Header Version: 103

After accepting the certificate , the log window has that error.  If I
retrieve accounts after this, I get the following:

09:12:27 Sending request...
09:12:27 Using GnuTLS default ciphers.
09:12:28 TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated: TLS1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES-256-GCM:AEAD
09:12:28 Signer not found
09:12:28 Certificate is not trusted
09:13:31 Waiting for response...
09:13:31 No message received
09:13:31 Network error while waiting for response
09:13:31 Operation finished, you can now close this window.

I have a long password, but no special characters in it.  I'm on windows
and need to read up a bit more on how to get the OFX.log.  Setting the ENV
variable and starting GNUCash from the command session didn't seem to
produce one.

I appreciate the guidance and the time.  I'm sure a lot of people use Citi
Cards and your debugging can benefit a lot of people.  Can you provide any
differences in your GNUCash config settings that what I have above?  I've
tried a few variations but to no avail.

Thank you!

Michael