[GNC] AqBanking help for Citi CC

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Wed Oct 24 12:47:40 EDT 2018

My experience this week suggests that your Application Version setting is at least sufficient to cause your problem. Direct connection from gnucash to citicards stopped working for me earlier this year, and any time I attempted to make the connection, Citi decided someone was trying break into my account and a couple hours later would require me to reset my password (providing erroneous information about what constituted a valid password, argh). Since Citi would never tell me why they thought someone was trying to break into my account, I gave up on them after a while.

But when Chase stopped responding to requests for transaction data from gnucash this week, I figured out that something else was amiss. Quicken has always disabled data connections after 3-3.5 years from any version release. They’ll give you an informative message if you’re using Quicken, but either aqbanking or gnucash  haven’t handled such messages. I had been running with AppVer=2500. I changed that to 2700 last night and both Chase and Citicards resumed working from within gnucash. I believe Quicken 2019 is AppVer=2800, but I’m not sure.
--
Dave Reiser
dbreiser at icloud.com