[GNC] AqBanking help for Citi CC

Jim Maki jim.maki at bitbender.org
Thu Oct 25 01:48:51 EDT 2018

 > I changed that to 2700 last night and both Chase and Citicards
resumed working from within gnucash. I believe Quicken 2019 is
AppVer=2800, but I’m not sure.

Can you list your sanitized configuration parameters as I have? I'd like
to compare them.

And can you get your working (sanitized) ofx.log file? Does it differ
from mine which has <USERID> followed by <USERPASS> on the first byte of
the next line:

>/================== OFX ================== />/... />/... <USERID>myuserid />/<USERPASS>mypassword />/... />/================== OFX ================== /

Here's why I'm so curious.

My first test was to try Application Version 2700 and 2900: both worked
with my blank-padded userid and both failed with my non-blank-padded
userid. I suspect Liang's would also. But your's clearly wouldn't.

So how could yours possibly work? One way is that somehow your OFXSGML
interjects a tag between <USERID> and <USERPASS>. So I fired up my
trusty curl-based script doing just that by sticking the "<LANGUAGE>"
tag between:

<OFX><SIGNONMSGSRQV1><SONRQ><DTCLIENT>20181024221016.000<USERID>MYUSERIDWITHOUTBLANK
     <LANGUAGE>ENG
     <USERPASS>MYPASSWORD

  And it worked without blank padding the userid (the results you
found). So if your version of GnuCash based on your exact configuration
inputs creates an OFXSGML file (ofx.log) different from mine (and
Liang's) in just the right way, yours could work.

Feedback would be appreciated. I'd like to see the magic that makes
yours work. I was running 2.6.19 at first but am running 3.3 now.

   Jim