[GNC] AqBanking help for Citi CC

Jim Maki jim.maki at bitbender.org
Thu Oct 25 22:04:30 EDT 2018

 > I installed the GNUCash v2.6.19 on Ubuntu (the one in the repo) and
it worked fine!  I'm going to try v3.3 on Ubuntu and see if I can narrow
this down to a windows problem (which is my assumption) or a 3.3 issue
for me.

Here's a summary of what I've found so far:

1. On Ubuntu 18.04, GnuCash 2.6.19 with a blank appended to the Citi
userid works. I could not automatically generate Citi accounts and had
to manually enter them.

2. I upgraded to Ubuntu 18.10 giving GnuCash 3.3 which worked
identically to 18.04/2.6.19.

3. On Windows 10 I installed GnuCash 3.3 with almost identical results
except for the already-mentioned "Signer not found" and "Certificate is
not trusted" messages (which did not affect functionality):

     That cert-related problem was already discussed (without
resolution) in the post "Online Transactions - Sender Not Found" found
at
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2018-March/075406.html
( ironically started by the same author as started this thread at
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2018-June/077627.html ).

     I'm going to assume the "Signer not found" problem is a bug report
as opposed to something users are going to resolve. As far as I can tell
it's a Windows-only problem that doesn't affect functionality.

4. To setup/tear-down the capture of the OFX log on Windows, at the
command line:

REM Setup OFX capture.
mkdir C:\tmp
setx AQOFX_LOG_COMM "1"
REM check AQOFX_LOG_COMM value
reg query HKCU\Environment
REM Start GnuCash and look at C:\tmp\ofx.log contents.
REM Tear down OFX capture.
reg delete HKCU\Environment /v AQOFX_LOG_COMM /f
reg query HKCU\Environment
rmdir /s /q C:\tmp

The only strange part of the Windows OFX capture was that the lines
ended with CR-CR-LF. I copied the OFX log file to my Ubuntu system,
edited it down to only the request lines, removed the trailing userid
blank, and used it in a curl request to Citi that worked! So a trailing
blank or CR works :)

5. The last puzzle to me is trying to decipher why it works for David
Reiser:

     "I had been running with AppVer=2500. I changed that to 2700 last
night and both Chase and Citicards resumed working from within gnucash."
(See
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2018-October/080467.html )

     On a side note, his post last December had some good information
about application version and introduced me to the aqbanking-cli
software (see
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2017-December/073781.html
). I'm going to play a bit with "aqbanking-cli ...".

   Jim