[GNC] Online trx download

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Oct 27 12:14:30 EDT 2018

> On Oct 27, 2018, at 6:49 AM, Joseph Vernice <jvernice at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> With the latest update to GnuCash for Windows 10 (Version: 3.3,Build ID: 3.3+ (2018-09-29), Finance::Quote: 1.47) it appears that the Actions>Online Actions>Get Transactions is not working.  Even though there are several transaction that should be downloaded, I am receiving a dialog box indicating that there are no transactions for the time period.
>
> Is this is a bug?

Maybe, but it’s more likely that your bank has changed something.

Note first that GnuCash resets the last retrieved date even if the retrieval wasn’t successful, so you need to reset the date range when you retry one.

Review the whole session transcript. If the window is closing before you can do that uncheck “Close log window when finished” in Preferences>Online Banking.
Check your trace file (https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile>) for errors. If there are none, try setting logging (https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Logging <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Logging>) with gnc.import.aqbanking=debug. You might also try the AQBanking logging environment variables (see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/AqBanking#Debugging <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/AqBanking#Debugging>) to get more information from AQBanking.

Regards,
John Ralls