[GNC] How to run GNUcash in portable fashion?

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 09:27:37 EDT 2018

On 27/10/2018 09:34, Geert Janssens wrote:

> Agreed. And on several occasions I have been thinking about adjusting the
> gnucash code and its Windows installer to make this universally possible. It
> never really happened so far due to lack of time and other priorities.

the .gnucash folder model was better than the current model, at least
they were nearby in a folder structure.  It can be near impossible to
find all associated meta data on Windows now.

There is a lot to be learned from the way PortableApps uses folder and
registry as an impairment of Windows rather than a feature.

--
Wm