[GNC] Finance Quotes Using Yahoo json

Dale Alspach alspachde at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 15:36:19 EDT 2018

Have you tried to see whether the perl code itself works? (Below is on
linux but something similar should work in perl on windows.)
Assuming you have fnc-fq-dump installed, from a command prompt
something like (perhaps prefixed by perl. See
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Online_Quotes)

 gnc-fq-dump -v yahoo_json CSCO

should yield

Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: CSCO                 <=== required
      date: 09/05/2018           <=== required
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 47.365               <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

All fields returned by Finance::Quote for stock CSCO

stock           field  value
-----           -----  -----
CSCO         currency: USD
CSCO             date: 09/05/2018
CSCO         exchange: Sourced from Yahoo Finance (as JSON)
CSCO          isodate: 2018-09-05
CSCO             last: 47.365
CSCO           method: yahoo_json
CSCO             name: CSCO (Cisco Systems, Inc.)
CSCO          success: 1
CSCO           symbol: CSCO
CSCO             type: EQUITY
CSCO           volume: 13728025