[GNC] Nabble Editor

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Wed Sep 5 19:37:21 EDT 2018

Derek,

My problem seemed to be a result of either the interaction between Nabble
and Mailman and may even get down to the settings users are using in the
editor to compose mail putting in hard returns. The Nabble interface itself
is a scaleable window and only soft wraps on display at the window edge.  I
was putting hard returns in at the end of lines which were greater than a
limit of ~ 75 characters. Perhaps a post created on Nabble is sent to
Mailman and then echoed back to Nabble for display and somewhere in that
trip a line length limit is imposeed

Apparently Hugo who setup the original Nabble forum mirror of the GnuCash
archives and was listed as its administrator is no longer associated with
Nabble. They have asked if someone on the GnuCash side wanted to take over
reponsibility for administering it, as the Nabble interface is now an orphan
on their end.

When I get free of a few things I am working on out of the way I will try
and experiment and see if I can more clearly identify what caused my issue.

David

-----
David Cousens