[GNC] Advanced Portfolio Report - Fund managment fees

hal.lol at tutanota.com hal.lol at tutanota.com
Sat Sep 15 16:12:16 EDT 2018

Weird, I didn't receive the latest message sent (from Richard), I just saw it now while browsing the mailing list archive...Anyway, thank you both for your answers, I finally understand what I was doing wrong!
When I first tried to do this, I was selling the shares with the proceeds going to the cash account, so far so good. But I was then creating a second transaction (in a different split), from the cash account to the expense account to "pay" for the fees.
Now I understand that this must be done within the same split. It never occurred to me that this was possible, because I couldn't figure out how to balance the split. But all it takes is a 'null' transaction to the brokerage account (all the money is used for the fees, there is nothing left for the cash account)!
So, to get this working I just have to keep everything as it currently is: a sell, with the proceeds going to the expense account. And I simply have to add an empty transaction to the brokerage account, in the same split.
As far as I can tell from the tests I did so far, this seems to work. Thanks again!