[GNC] Omission from help manual: formulas

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 05:06:05 EDT 2018

Hi Stan,
Am 15.09.18 um 15:37 schrieb Stan Brown:
> Though I have 2.6.19, I looked on line at the 3.2 manuals, and they are
> the same in this respect.

You missed one important place, the FAQ:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_use_variables_and_formula_in_scheduled_transactions.3F
that leads to
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Scheduled_Transactions

> There doesn't seem to be any documentation of formulas for scheduled
> transactions. I'm talking about the "debit formula" and "credit formula"
> columns in the template transaction pane of the Edit Scheduled
> Transaction window.
>
> There are specific formulas for things like mortgages and payroll, but I
> was unable to find the general rules for constructing formulas, neither
> in the Help Manual nor in the Tutorial and Concept Guide.
>
> Can this be added, please?

Yes it should be added to the docs, so as David already said, raise a
bug report.

> -- Regards, Stan Brown

Regards
Frank