[GNC] Another sort field like 'Class' in Quicken?

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 15:09:12 EDT 2018

I've been travelling and not at my computer to check things and respond.
Three comments on this thread:

1. I believe John made the comment that if you select the option to 'Use
Split Action for Number', the transaction number is not visible nor can it
be updated. This is not true: the transaction number is shown as T-Num in
two-line mode and is updatable.

2. When I added this feature, I included basic documentation which can be
found in the Help Manual in 'Customizing GnuCash->Book Options'. I believe
this accurately describes the feature although others may be able to
improve it. Unfortunately, the use of this feature has not been reflected
anywhere else in the Help Manual or Concepts Guide (including screen shots).

3. The reason the 'Book Options' page was added to the New File Wizard is
explained in 'Customizing GnuCash->Book Options' related to the impact the
choice has on importing historical data from another accounting system
(e.g., Quicken).

If anyone has any further questions about the feature, please let me know.

Regards,

Alex