[GNC] Problem opening Gnucash with High Sierra

Margo J. Hittleman mjh17 at cornell.edu
Fri Sep 21 08:17:44 EDT 2018

As others have noted in the past, Gnucash does not seem to be working well with High Sierra. I am currently unable to open the Gnucash app at all. I am using High Sierra 10.13.6 on a MacBook Air, and just downloaded the latest version of Gnucash (3.2). The same thing happens whether I am using the app that was already on my computer (which I think was the latest, but am not certain), or I try to open the just downloaded version. When I launch the app, it goes through the process of seemingly loading, and then stops without opening.  I have YEARS of financial data on this app, so I hope there is a way to get it to work! Thank you.