[GNC] gnucash crashing in ubuntu 14.04

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 17:53:21 EDT 2018

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 9:59 PM Proberts042 <proberts42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> gnucash crashed again. Here is the text that I found in the gnucash.trace
> file this time.
>
> * 03:01:58  WARN <gnc.python> Unable to initialize Python module (unable to
> open /usr/share/gnucash/python/init.py)

> > proberts42@

I know this thread is old by now and maybe you have stumbled on the
solution by now. You are running an old version of GnuCash (the Ubuntu
release dates from 2014, which included GnuCash 2.6.1). That version of
GnuCash in Ubuntu had a packaging error. The workaround was to install the
python-gnucash package to avoid the crash.

sudo apt-get install python-gnucash