[GNC] debian gnucash problem finding libgncmod-ledger-core.so

John Griessen john at industromatic.com
Thu Sep 27 16:09:18 EDT 2018

when I run debian packaged gnucash   1:2.6.15-1

I get this error message:

gnucash: error while loading shared libraries: libgncmod-ledger-core.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

There is a file here:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gnucash/gnucash/libgncmod-ledger-core.so
and it has the same date as all the others in the same dir.

I also have others in the same dir:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gnucash/gnucash
such as libgncmod-stylesheets.so libgncmod-utility-reports.so libgncmod-csv-import.so libgncmod-standard-reports.so
etc.

Is there a way to make  a symlink to help this?  Use pkgconfig better to help this?

I can't get compilation to work on debian testing either.

So, back to using an old version of gnucash...