[GNC] QIF import is empty

Jeff Abrahamson jeff at p27.eu
Sat Sep 29 10:03:33 EDT 2018

I've written a short python script that writes a qif file.  I'm using
gnucash 2.6.19 from ubuntu 18.04.1.  I want to import the qif file.

    !Type:Bank
    !Account:512151_Helloasso
    D05/10/2017
    T60.0
    NHA-20171005-30
    PDescription here
    S7061_Participation rameurs aux déplacements et stages
    $60.0
    EPAF (someone at somewhere.fr)

    ^
    D05/10/2017
    T40.0
    NHA-20171005-29
    PCDescription here
    S7061_Participation rameurs aux déplacements et stages
    $40.0
    EPAF (someone_else at somewhere_else.com)

    ^

I found that I needed to rename the output file to be the name of the
account to which I'm importing it, despite the second line (the account
name) and despite having that account window open, otherwise I got this
error:

    /The QIF file you have loaded appears to have transactions for just //one account, but the file does not specify a name for that account /

Strange, but fine.  Now, though, when the qif importer gets to the
"accounts found" dialog, it doesn't show any accounts and no
transactions are imported.

In my particular case here, the transactions are very homogeneous: all
of them credit 7061 and all of them debit 512151.

Any suggestions why I'm seeing neither an error nor importing transactions?

Thanks in advance.

--

Jeff Abrahamson
+33 6 24 40 01 57