[GNC] My experience importing 19 years of Quicken data into GnuCash

Cricket Onebit cricketbeautiful at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 15:04:19 EDT 2019

Thanks for this.

I have a similar project in the near future, and was wondering the best
order for some things. It looks like the major re-categorization should be
done before leaving Quicken.

Good to know there's a workaround for the HiDPI bug.

Is there a bug report / feature request for bulk actions? I'd vote for it
(if I get to the "pay it forward by being active in GnuCash Community" part
of the project).

Can you explain more about not being able to undo things with the SQL
backend vs XML (or point to more details)? I'm undecided about which
backend. Fully-functional and easy to install and maintain is more
important to me than a few seconds while using, unless those seconds add up
quickly. I want to do my accounting, not trouble-shoot the installation.

Thanks,

Cricket / Sandy

--
+++

Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, not as a witness to any creed,
But simple service simply given to his own kind in their common need.
-- Rudyard Kipling