[GNC] Trying to import my transactions

Steve jokeriii at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 4 18:00:13 EDT 2019

Hi I am running GnuCash v3.5 on Windows.
I have a bunch of transactions saved from a previous version of GnuCash. This is fortunate because my laptop crashed and I lost everything except what I had backed up. (I had backed up all my GnuCash files to Dropbox so I didn't lose any of that.)

Now I have a new laptop and I downloaded the latest GnuCash. I managed to figure out how to import my account tree so they are all there, but they have zero balances.

I can't figure out how to import my transactions in GnuCash. They are saved in an ASCII text CSV file. I think it is "GNU Export Format" but I cannot swear to it.

Here is what the first few lines of this file look like:

Date,Account Name,Number,Description,Notes,Memo,Category,Type,Action,Reconcile,To With Sym,From With Sym,To Num.,From Num.,To Rate/Price,From Rate/Price
08/09/2017,PSSI Revenue,,Monthly Income,,,Checking Account,T,,N,$(317.50),,(317.50),,,,,,,,,Checking Account,S,,N,,$317.50,,317.50,,1.00,,,,,,PSSI Revenue,S,,N,$(317.50),,(317.50),,1.00,
10/03/2017,PSSI Revenue,,Monthly Income,,,Checking Account,T,,N,$(892.00),,(892.00),,,,,,,,,Checking Account,S,,N,,$892.00,,892.00,,1.00,,,,,,PSSI Revenue,S,,N,$(892.00),,(892.00),,1.00,
04/09/2018,PSSI Revenue,,Monthly Income,,,Checking Account,T,,N,$(26.72),,(26.72),,,,,,,,,Checking Account,S,,N,,$26.72,,26.72,,1.00,,,,,,PSSI Revenue,S,,N,$(26.72),,(26.72),,1.00,
I clicked on "File -> Import -> Import Transactions from CSV

Then I select my file and go through the dialog.
At the "Import Preview" screen I change Load and Save Settings to "GnuCash Export Format", then change the date format to m-d-y but all of the lines of my import file are still red and none of them will import.
The error message says "Reconciled could not be understood. Value can't be parsed into a valid reconcile state." I don't understand what this error message means or how to fix it.
Help! I do not want to have to re-type all of my transactions in manually, which was what I had to do last time my laptop crashed.
Cheers, Steve R.