[GNC] Unable to install Financial Quotes

Eric Moon eric at ericmoon.net
Fri Apr 5 12:46:20 EDT 2019

Looks like a packaging issue with the windows build.

For a workaround, you can get the ssleay32.dll by installing openssl < 1.1 (v 1.0.2 is the one I used) fromhttps://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html  .  This is the most trusted repo for windows openssl builds.    I wouldn't download the dll file from anywhere else, personally.

Once installed, the .dll will either be in the install directory or the system32 directory depending on what you chose during openssl install.  Copy it over to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin" or wherever you installed gnucash and you should be good to go.

Eric