[GNC] search

Jeff Abrahamson jeff at p27.eu
Sun Apr 7 12:05:06 EDT 2019

[This is gnucash 2.6.19 on linux.  Some day I'll upgrade to 3.x.]

I have some transactions in which I've put a reminder that I am missing
the bill or receipt so that (ideally) we will chase the person who owes it.

But when I do a search for "description, note, or memo contains JUST" or
even the full =JUSTIFICATIF, I get an empty result set (despite having
checked "new search").  I'm only searching in the account where this
happens.

I can search for other words in the memo field.  Is there something
special about the equal sign?  Or some other reason this might not be
working?  (I used the equal sign to make it easy to search for such
tags, but that seems not to be working.  This is my private hack for not
having analytical accounting features.)

If I search the entire book (search initiated from the accounts window),
I do see results.  It's doubly strange that the search is different
depending on where I initiated it, given that all the results are in the
one bank account.

--

Jeff Abrahamson
+33 6 24 40 01 57