[GNC] CSV import lags and burns CPU; can't report bug

Mark Hedges mark.hedges at weirdvibe.com
Mon Apr 8 14:51:35 EDT 2019

Hi.  I'm trying to import transactions from a very simple CSV file, using a
default account and a single transfer account in a CSV field.  I get to the
stage to go from "Transaction Information" where it says "On the following
page you will be able to associate each transaction to a category."  Even a
1-line CSV test file takes about 10 or 15 seconds to get to the next page.
With 160 transactions, the program stops responding, though it is burning
>30% CPU.  I assume it will finish eventually, but this process seems to be
very inefficient.

I can't seem to report a bug anymore.  I just installed GnuCash 3.5.  When
I go to Start > GnuCash > Report a GnuCash Bug (Online), this takes me to
bugzilla.gnome.org.  It says that most projects have migrated to GitLab,
but for GnuCash I should NOT go to GitLab.  When I try to log into
bugzilla, it says "Sorry, entering a bug into the product GnuCash has been
disabled."  However, the GitLab site linked from the BugZilla page does not
seem to have a GnuCash project.  Where should we report bugs these days?

Thanks.

Mark Hedges