[GNC] Posting a bad debt

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Apr 9 15:18:55 EDT 2019

Probably the more formal method would be to create,

Assets:Current Assets:Accounts Receivable:Allowance for Doubtful Accounts

then ‘pay’ the original invoice with that asset account, then move that amount (once determined you definitely won’t collect it) to Expenses:Bad Debt.

'Allowance for Doubtful Accounts' is usually a calculated estimation that later gets written off to expenses at the end of the period, but I don’t see why you can’t use it in this fashion all at once.

Regards,
Adrien