[GNC] Posting a bad debt

rmomxtx at gmail.com rmomxtx at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 16:01:03 EDT 2019

Justin,

That is the way you would do it by normal accounting rules as I understand
them. However, you can't pay an invoice in GnuCash from an expense account.
The only accounts available in the receive payment window are assets, equity
and liability accounts. No income or expense accounts available therefore
not allowed. I've done it in a round about way but never have been satisfied
with the result. Keep looking for something better.

Thanks,
Roger