[GNC] Posting a bad debt

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Apr 10 04:12:18 EDT 2019

On Tuesday, 9 April 2019 19:21:16 BST rmomxtx at gmail.com wrote:
> If you create an invoice that later becomes uncollectible, there is no way
> to charge it off to a bad debt expense account from within the invoice.
> Suggestions?

Hi,

haven't had to do this for a while (thnakfully!), but ISTR that I got numbers
into expenses:bad Debt like this:

1. pay the invoice using the normal bank account

2. go to the bank register and manually edit the transaction so that the bank
account split pointed to expenses:bad debt.

almost certainly not the formal way to do things, but got where I needed to
be.

HTH,
Maf.