[GNC] Posting a bad debt

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Apr 10 14:21:27 EDT 2019

Roger,

Be certain to set that sub-account as *type* `asset` not as *type* `accounts receivable`. There can be only one account with the type `accounts receivable`, and that one already exists. (and has the same name) I made the same error myself when I set up my sub-accounts.

You can have regular asset accounts as sub-accounts of the special Accounts Receivable account. They don’t all need to be of *type* `accounts receivable`. That’s what you are trying to accomplish here and then you should see it in the list. I don’t think you have to re-start GnuCash, but go ahead if it still doesn’t show up.

Also, I think you meant version `2.6.18` not `1.6.18`. Even 2.6.18 is a bit dated (the last of the series is 2.6.21) but even back then, you should be able to accomplish this. If there even was a version 1.6.18 it is ancient and probably won’t do much of anything we currently cover here on the list. (I don’t think it had the business features anyway at that point, so that’s probably a typo)

Regards,
Adrien