[GNC] UK VAT and "Making Tax Digital"

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Apr 11 06:08:27 EDT 2019

On Thursday, 11 April 2019 04:48:31 BST Christopher Lam wrote:
> 3.5 is out and I promised to offer CSV output. Has anyone confirmed the
> exact CSV (or JSON)  format desired by their *bridging* software?
>
> Please be aware that direct communication to HMRC is best done by bridging
> software outside gnucash. It'll be a nice project for anyone to do in
> python or similar.

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for looking at this again.

I'll probably be looking at this next week or so.   I'll have to complete my
lasts "traditional" VAT return by around the end of the month.  For the
quarter ending 30th June, I'll report to HMRC towards the end of July, and be
in the first tranche of submittors.

I plan to use a spreadsheet bridge that I found for Libre office.

seems that the sheet as presented requires linking cells from a source report
spreadsheet.

User guide is here explaining how to do it

http://www.chm-software.co.uk/userguide/

(no relationship or recommendation implied)

I'm thinking that I might be able to adapt their sheet to directly take a CSV
input to named cells in some way.  It is only about half a dozen numbers that
are needed.

Of course, if any other users have come across a more elegant solution, feel
free to chime in!

Maf.