[GNC] Don't understand why I have what I have

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Sat Apr 13 04:14:39 EDT 2019

Hi All, especially Adrian,

Here is what I have so far.

I have two accounts:
     "Little Visa", which is a Credit card account
     "Little Visa -- Expense", which is an expense account

Credit card charges I have entered into "LittleVisa" (transfer column)
as a "debit".  I get a corresponding "credit" in "little Visa--expense".

Payment go into "LittleVisa -- Expense" as a "debit".  I get
a corresponding "credit" in "LittleVisa".

Every entry I have found on my bank statement I have placed a "c"
for "checked" in the "R" column of "Little Visa".

I have about 15 entries

And will wonders ever cease, the "Balance" at the bottom is
correct!

Confusions:

1)  In "Transaction Journal", I have to assign each and every
     transaction to "little visa" and "Little Visa--expense".
     How do I make these two the default?

2)  In "Basic Journal", it shows everything as "LittleVisa -- Expense".
     The balance is still correct.   Why not "LittleVisa"?

3)  When I press the "reconcile" button, it asked me for the "statement
     date".  Is that the ending date on my bank statement?  If so,
     it changes the "ending balance" to some bizarre number not
     even close to the ending balance on the bank statement.  Why?

4)  If I try to enter a test charge, it goes into "Imbalance-USD".
     I can change it back, but why?

Many thanks,
-T