[GNC] Split transaction: more than two off-setting accounts

Christian Kluge frakturfreak at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 15:18:38 EDT 2019

Am 13.04.2019 um 21:10 schrieb Rich Shepard:
> On Sat, 13 Apr 2019, Christian Kluge wrote:
>
>> Just change the values in the debit and credit columns.
>> As long as the sums of debit and credit don’t match you can add further
>> entries.
>
> That works as long as there are available rows. Two are the default so when
> I want to add two more rows closing and re-opening the transaction presents
> an imbalance row and another one. This provides the needed space. I've not
> found a way to add more rows when that transaction is on the bottom of the
> gnucash window.
>
> When the transaction is saved and a new pair of rows is displayed, clicking
> on the split transaction does display a new, blank row.

You can change Imbalance to any account to any account you like.

If you don’t exit the transaction beforehand this account also won’t be
set up in your CoA.

The other solution could be to switch to full transaction view for every
transaction.

There you always have a final empty line.

Kind regards

Christian KLuge