[GNC] Start up after shut down

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 14 22:36:08 EDT 2019

Since what Stephen says is the default behavior for Gnucash, you will need to figure out what you are doing that is giving you this exceptional behavior.

What specific steps are you taking in the save process? What messages does Gnucash report, if any? What specifically happens on startup? Do you get any messages in startup?

What operating system and gnucash version are you using? Are you doing anything "interesting" in your system (like using a special network platform, or a proxy, or trying to run gnucash through a VPN, or using a path that includes random exotic characters, or some other bit that might be germane to the problem)?

As I said, gnucash opens the last file you had open (sometimes to the confusion and consternation of users-- especially on the Mac), so your experience is not the norm.
David

  On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 7:40, Richard Barmann<reb at barmannsbar.com> wrote:
On 4/14/19 9:11 PM, Stephen M. Butler wrote:
> On 4/14/19 4:17 PM, Richard Barmann wrote:
>> I have used Gnucash for a few years but have never figured out the best
>> way to shut down and open the next day with the proper files. I have to
>> search through the files and open several until I find what  I am sure
>> is the final file from the day before.
>>
>> Richard E. Barmann
> For me it always automatically opens the last file I had open when the
> program was shut down.

Tried saving the file, Doing a Close, or doing a Quit. it still doesnot
open the last file.

Richard E. Barmann