[GNC] Start up after shut down

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 22:38:57 EDT 2019

Richard,

You do not mention which OS your computer is using,  I do not use a Mac so
I cannot comment on what works well there.

In Windows or Linux GnuCash automatically opens the last used file when it
is started unless there is some issue such as not being available at the
time the program is started.

The next thing to try is to Click on File in the GnuCash title bar and
select the filename next to number 1 in the drop down list.

I still haven't mentioned using your file manager to select your data file,
which is the method many users prefer.  That usually works best if it is
set to sort with the newest file at the top.

If none of those methods work, you probably have a rather unusual setup and
need to write down the details that need to be performed before starting
GnuCash.

David Carlson

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 9:11 PM Richard Barmann <reb at barmannsbar.com> wrote:

> On 4/14/19 9:11 PM, Stephen M. Butler wrote:
> > On 4/14/19 4:17 PM, Richard Barmann wrote:
> >> I have used Gnucash for a few years but have never figured out the best
> >> way to shut down and open the next day with the proper files. I have to
> >> search through the files and open several until I find what  I am sure
> >> is the final file from the day before.
> >>
> >> Richard E. Barmann
> > For me it always automatically opens the last file I had open when the
> > program was shut down.
> >
> Tried saving the file, Doing a Close, or doing a Quit. it still doesnot
> open the last file.
>
> Richard E. Barmann

David Carlson