[GNC] GnuCash V3.5 Not Used By My GnuCash Database

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Apr 17 21:59:06 EDT 2019

By chance did you manage to install them side-by-side?

How did you install 3.5? (or 3.4 for that matter, as neither is in the 18.04 repos)

Did you try to intentionally launch 3.5 first, then use File > Open?

I can’t see how in such a case, 3.4 would suddenly launch. (but double-clicking the file in Nautilus *might* cause that)

If the file association is wrong and you still have both versions installed then just re-assign .gnucash file types to 3.5 to fix it. And/or remove 3.4. (note, you might need to re-install 3.5 after removing 3.4 depending on the install method as some important dependencies *might* get removed with it.)

Regards,
Adrien