[GNC] GnuCash V3.5 Not Used By My GnuCash Database

Lawrence Joy lawrence_joy at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 11:27:17 EDT 2019

 Adrien,Originally I did a 'sudo app download' of GnuCash, which loaded V2.?.? to my Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS OS somewhere. Under that version of GnuCash I started a book or database of accounts. I saw an announcement that V3.4 was available and I like to be up to date, so I went to the GnuCash website and did a download of V3.4 for Ubuntu. When it was done downloading the message was that V3.4 was in a different place and that it copied all of my files over to the new place because when I press the super key and press G, for GnuCash, the GnuCash icon comes up, which I click on, and my book of accounts show up and the Help screen says its V3.4. The original V2.?.? still exits in the old place. I would have to go searching to find V2.?.? and delete those files, which I don't know how to do, but I don't want to delete any dependencies that V3.4 would use and not have V3.4 working.
I saw that V3.5 was available and I like to keep up with the latest, so I went to the Help tab in my V3.4 that has a link to the GnuCash website and did a download, clicking on "Via distribution". I am not a programmer so I did not go the "Source" route. V3.5 downloaded, again I don't know where and would have to do a search to find it. I press the super key and press G, for GnuCash, the GnuCash icon comes up, I click on it, and my book of accounts show up with the Help screen stating it still is V3.4. So I guess that V3.5 is loaded in what you call side-by-side. How come my book of accounts didn't get transferred over like when I downloaded V3.4?
The questions I have are:1. How to move my book of accounts from V3.4 to V3.5?2. Then how do I delete V2.?.??3. And then how do I delete V3.4?4. Or maybe I should forget V3.5, if so what command to delete it?5. And then what command to delete V2.?.??
I can use the terminal and know at least some of the terminal commands.
--Regards, Larry