[GNC] Installing 3.5 deb packages on Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Thu Apr 18 05:16:42 EDT 2019

Adrien,

dpkg -l | grep <packagename> will give the details of the installed packages
to check against the required packages list. 19.04 may have more recent
versions of some packages than what GnuCash specifies. In many cases this
won't matter unless changes in the package directly affect calls made to it
by GnuCash. You should only have to revert to earlier versions if GnuCash
spits the dummy on the newer version. Usually the the requirements are setup
for a specific version or newer unless there is a known change in the
package which affects GnuCash in which case the version is limited to an
explicit value. I think I built 3.5 on Linux Mint 19.1 (Ubuntu 18.04) with
Python 3.7.3 a few days ago. Unfortunately I'm in Singapore and don't have
that laptop with me to checkat the moment.

David

-----
David Cousens