[GNC] Return of Capital

cicko alen.siljak at gmx.com
Fri Apr 19 17:34:46 EDT 2019

John Ralls-2 wrote
> IIUC the transaction that you're creating is between IPE and AUD. That
> will cause trading account splits as they operate between any differing
> commodity pair, not just between currencies.

Right, that's what I would expect.

John Ralls-2 wrote
> The example doesn't show shares or price columns. ... If it's still
> confusing post the whole transaction showing all 4 columns (i.e. shares,
> price, debit, and credit) and all splits including the trading account
> ones.

Hm, not sure which example you saw but on these screenshots there are 4
columns. The additional two, with totals, are blank as the transaction is
not yet posted.
I'm using Auto-Split view.

My entry, before trying to save: https://imgur.com/i0CbKUq
The price is a bit skewed but it is $10 for Sell and $5 for Buy split. The
transaction seems to balance.

Trying to save by pressing enter, the Trading split gets inserted (only 1!):
https://imgur.com/NzAFZLC
And from there, the dialog keeps popping up: https://imgur.com/bk8a9zb

The records for the IPE trading accounts are missing, correct. This is a
good hint. I'd prefer to avoid them, as the balance stays the same but -
adding the two Trading:ASX:IPE records balances and the transaction is
saved.
Thanks!

Here is the end-result: https://imgur.com/aOIxLxM

Your example is difficult to follow in text mode but the screenshot above
should balance, as far as I can say.