[GNC] Finance::Quotes stopped working for me

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 13:52:14 EDT 2019

Bruno,

I am a retired Electrical Engineer with no formal training in modern
programming languages but I am passionate about safe use of the Internet
and environmental stewardship.  I also use GnuCash for personal financial
record keeping.

With that background I depend on the GnuCash developers to continue to
improve it, which they have been successfully doing for several years with
very limited resources.

I have not worked 'under the hood' very much with GnuCash due to my limited
expertise.  I don't know about curl or how it might be useful.

Coercing for me consisted mainly in getting Perl installed and working to
use F::Q with GnuCash in Windows 7 and in Ubuntu 16.04 and later Ubuntu
18.04.  For some reason I have not gotten it to work in both direct and
remote environments, but I quit trying when I had one method working as
other projects demanded my attention.  I only download prices once every
month.

Good luck with solving your networking problems.

David Carlson

David Carlson