[GNC] Changing account tree on large database

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 17:50:28 EDT 2019

Cricket,

One more point...

Strongly consider only moving one or two years data to GnuCash.  When your
file gets large you may prefer to have a new file for each year or whatever
to keep GnuCash from bogging down and running too slow.  It gets worse
quickly if you leave a lot of reports and register windows open, or if you
have a Hi-Res monitor, and having a powerful computer is not enough to
prevent that.

In my case it takes over a minute to open my file and about 10 seconds
every time I press the Enter key.  the periodic saves take so long that I
can squeeze in about 1/2 a game of Solitaire.

David Carlson

David Carlson