[GNC] Need help reconciling

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 27 04:46:25 EDT 2019

All of this is covered in the Guide at https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-guide/chapter_txns.html#txns-reconcile1 <https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-guide/chapter_txns.html#txns-reconcile1>, especially 2.9.4.1, which includes a section regarding the starting balance, as well as a note specifically about the starting balance:

Note
The first time you reconcile your account, the starting balance will be 0.00, thus probably not the opening balance of your account. When you reconcile the account, the opening balance for the account will be included in the reconciliation, and the result should balance.

ToddAndMango, you might try reading the documentation.

David T.