[GNC] Quicken import and duplicate records

Greg Feneis mfeneis at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 10:11:06 EDT 2019

Hi,

I get duplicate transactions sometimes too.  I tend to download data from
financial institutions and import it to GnuCash on a quarterly basis and
catch things up.  The matcher does a pretty good job of assigning accounts
and so forth, but it's not perfect.  I find I still have to survey its work
and make minor corrections.  Still amazing free software and the matcher
does 90% of the work.

Sometimes, I'll import a credit card's account data, which will include
payments I make from my checking account to pay the credit card, so payment
transactions also appear in my checking account as a result of importing my
credit card data.  Then, if I import my checking account data, and if the
matcher and I don't see that the credit card payment transaction is already
in my checking account register, the matcher will import this payment
transaction and assign it to the credit card account, essentially causing a
duplicate transaction to appear.

Kind regards,

Greg Feneis