[GNC] Paying business vendor invoice: enter vendor's name twice

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Apr 27 13:03:13 EDT 2019

From the Help manual

7.10.1. New Bills

"Billing Info - Vendor - the issuing vendor. If you remember the company name you entered in the New Vendor window for this vendor, start to type it in this field and GnuCash will try auto complete it for you. Else, press the Select... button to access the Find Vendor window described in Section 7.9.2, “Find and Edit”. Highlight the vendor you are looking for with a click in the search results, then press the Select button.”

Notice the ‘else’ at the beginning of the second sentence. Only use that select button to open a find dialog if GnuCash doesn’t manage to give you the desired vendor in an auto-complete list.

And the last sentence saying to "press the Select button" is for the find dialog search results, not the New invoice dialog.

Regards,
Adrien